The AJK College of Arts and Science Library is committed to providing quality service and an excellent collection of materials to support the mission, goals, educational, and research needs of students, staff, faculty, administration, and community users and in support of the College's diverse curriculum. The Library is open to all AJKCAS students and staff; borrowing privileges are explained in the Borrowing Privileges Policy.
A well-stocked and internet enabled library, with extensive collection of books, journals and magazines is available for the students. The center subscribes to a variety of international magazines and journals, paving way for a boundless learning experience.
AJKCAS LIBRARY continually strives to provide an accessible, affordable, and high quality education to all its students. The College is committed to providing an array of academic and student development services that support students’ success in attaining their academic, cultural, and civic achievements. To enhance student success and close equity achievement gaps, the college identifies and regularly assesses student learning outcomes to improve institutional effectiveness.
Strategic Goals of AJKCAS Library:
- To develop and enhance the capability of the library resources and services in meet the demands of the curricular, instructional, and research programs of the academic community by providing regular funding to yearly acquisition of library materials.
- To establish a computer infrastructure of all library operations and services by acquiring library computer software and hardware to make computerization functional;
- To establish a strong library linkage with other institutions and agencies in the country and if possible with organizations and agencies from foreign countries by seeking contact with these agencies;
- To strengthen the library's bond to the library patrons by establishing "Friends of the Library" program which would assist in the development of the library collection;
- To provide services that enhance the quest for knowledge and intellectual activity;
- To create various bibliographies and library pathfinders for easy access and retrieval of information
- To create an atmosphere wherein students and faculty may carry on the learning process enjoyable
We believe the AJKCAS library is central to the intellectual and creative lives of the STUDENTS we committed to.
- Life-long learning
- Intellectual and academic freedom
- Mutual respect and civility
- Responsible stewardship
Services in library
- ILS (Inter Loan Service)
- Printing Facility
- Reading list/Bibliography compilation
- Dictionary, Encyclopedia, Thesaurus, Classics
- In-house/remote access to E-resources
- User orientation and awareness
- Important news from daily newspaper
- Library Automation
- Auto-lib Software
- Number of computers for public access
- Internet Bandwidth
- Participation in Resources Sharing Networks / Consortia
- DELNET Service
- INFLIBNET Service
|Costume and Fashion Design||48||47|
|Hotel Management and Catering Science||293||188|
|Electronics and Communication Systems||603||214|
|Total No of Books||5646||3087|
|Total No Of Project Reports||322|
|Total No Of Question Papers||40|
|Total No Of News Papers||06|
Digital Library (Available E-resources and News Papers)
Digital Library: The AJK CAS Library has a well established and exclusively devoted section for digital library. A patron can surf the internet, listen and watch academic related audios & videos in a digital library. The digital library is designed and developed keeping in view the day to day needs of modern students.
Electronic Databases: Keeping in view the importance of research in the academic sector, the library has provided access to various electronic journal databases. Those databases cater to the research needs of its patrons. The following databases are subscribed by the library
|S. No||E- RESOURCES||URL|
|7||SOCIAL LEARNING - Google Classroom||classroom.google.com|
|S:No||E- Journal Subscription||Web Link|
|1||AICTE-IEEE - IEEE Xplore||ieeexplore.ieee.org|
|3||British Library Online Membership||www.library.britishcouncil.org.in|
|4||National Digital Library (NDL)||ndl.iitkgp.ac.in|
|5||Knimbus is cloud based eLibrary||www.knimbus.com|
List of News Papers (e-newspaper)
Rules and Regulations
- Silence must be observed in the Library.
- Personal belongings are not allowed inside the Library.
- Every staff / student of the college is eligible for membership of the Library,
- The Library can be utilized by the students and staff from 9 A.M. to 5 P.M. on working days.
- All students should sign the entry register of the Library, before entering.
- Books borrowing limit: Faculty – 5, Non-Teaching staff – 5, Student – 3.
- Principal is empowered to increase additional issue of books to whomever he feels necessary.
- Borrower’s tickets are not transferable.
- Books are to be handled very carefully. If a book is lost by the student, he/she shall replace the book (same title, author and edition) or shall pay double the cost of the book as fine.
- Members before leaving the issue counter must satisfy themselves as to whether the books which they intend to borrow are in good condition and any damage should be immediately reported to the librarian or library staff, failing which the member to whom the book was issued will be held responsible.
- Members are not permitted to underline, write in, folding / tearing of pages or deface books in any way whatsoever.
- The borrowed book should be returned on or before due date, If not, overdue charge of one Rupee per day for students will be collected.
- If the due date falls on holidays, return can be done on the following working day without fine.
- Misbehavior in the library will lead to cancellation of membership and serious disciplinary action.
- All final year students should return their library token and library book based on library circular and obtain “NO DUE CERTIFICATE” from the library for getting Hall ticket.
- Similarly the staff members who intend to leave the college should settle all the dues and obtain “NO DUE CERTIFICATE” from the library.
RULES AND REGULATIONS FOR BORROWING REFERENCE BOOKS FROM LIBRARY
- Each student can use the Computer in Digital Library for a period.
- The students should make a compulsory entry in the log book before switching on the terminal.
- The students will not be allowed to use the above facility during class hours except Library hours.
- The students will not be allowed to use their own floppies/CD.
- Playing games is strictly prohibited.
- The students should shutdown the system properly. If he or she is unable to do so, he/she should contact the staff-in- charge.
- The student will be held responsible for any damage to the system or CDs being used by him or her.
- Copying files from the CDs to the Hard-disk and deleting files in Hard-disks are strictly prohibited.